Sunday, March 25, 2012

In the News: Muslim Mother Beaten to Death

I came across this headline today:
Iraqi woman beaten in Calif. dies; threat note left at scene

Hate crimes, discrimination, prejudice...they are never acceptable. This should not happen.

If you would like to show your support for those who are victims of those types of behavior, I invite you to take part in International Scarves in Solidarity 2012.
Update: I did my own Facebook stand for this already. I would love to see how many other people will stand up and show the world that they will not accept all of the hate and discrimination. There is too much lately and it needs to stop.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." -Desmond Tutu

1 comment:

  1. I commend you for taking part in the International Scarves in Solidarity 2012 initiative. This is a great cause, and if you know others who are also taking part in this, it would be nice to see photos of them wearing scarves and joining in the cause as well.

    ReplyDelete