Monday, March 12, 2012

Laying the Foundation

I was in tenth grade when I told my parents that I wanted to learn Arabic. They gave me a look that said, "uh huh, have fun with that, Alicia" and proceeded to tell me how difficult that would be. After that moment I gave up the idea.

Life always has a way of working out though.

I am a college student studying Communication and Middle Eastern Studies in Erie, Pennsylvania. Whenever I tell people what I study, I get a variety of reactions. Many curious for more information and others disgusted at the thought.  Thus the purpose of this blog.

I don't claim to be an expert on everything Middle Eastern - I'm simply a student who sees a need for bridges to be built between cultures and will go out on a limb to make that possible.

Now comes the fun part, we talk.  About personal stories, music, books, current issues, the language, and anything else.

So let's get the ball rolling...

No comments:

Post a Comment